Relay With Me

Hello Starlings,

     This is going to be an emotional blog post for me but worth every moment of it. This year I am blessed to be blogging for the Relay for Life: SL 9th Annual Christmas Expo. I will be putting all of their information below! For those of you unfamiliar with Relay for Life, they are partnered with the American Cancer Society. This year they want to "Give the Gift of Hope" by funding the purchase of Virtual Reality goggles for kids with cancer. I can't fathom what it would be like to be a kid with cancer, or their parent, but... I can see a huge opportunity here to help, so let's work together and raise money for them!

    A big question that I have been asked a few times in my life is; Why do I Relay? I started with Relay for Life in high school, just after a close family friend passed away from stomach cancer. I was so happy to work with them and help raise money for such a wonderful cause. Since then, I have had to use the help and support of Relay for Life through second life as they do offer grief counseling, for free. Thank you for how you have helped me RFL!

So I want to give you my reasons why I Relay:

For my sister Tammy, who won her battle with cervical cancer at the age of 19, and still went on to have two beautiful twins!

For Lorraine, the close family friend I am named after, who lost her battle to stomach cancer.

To my cousin Cathy, who has been battling breast cancer for many years.

To my best friends father, who can use all of your prayers as he is battling lung cancer.

To Victoria, my mom who is now in heaven. Who on her 55th birthday lost her battle to glioblastoma, an incredibly aggressive form of brain cancer.

and

to all who have battled, are battled, or have lost their battle to cancer.

So why do I relay? I relay for EVERYONE.

Why do you relay?

    When you go to the Christmas Expo, note that each designer has a 100% donation item where all of the proceeds go towards this cause, so please, be generous, and know that even though they're just lindens and items to you, they're hopes and dreams for children.

Kisses,
Angelica Darkbyrd



★ AVATAR CREDITS 
Body: Maitreya - Lara Mesh Body 
Companion: Ckit Falconry - Black Wolf @Christmas Expo
Dress: Indigenous Store - Guilded Snow Dress @Christmas Expo
Eyes: CAZIMI - Soul Eyes: Natural @anyBODY
Head: Genus - Classic
Lashes: TONE2 - Bauble Lashes @Christmas Expo
Lips: TONE2 - Bauble & Kisses Lip Tint @Christmas Expo
Necklace: Vanilla Bae - Tillie Necklace 
Skin: ND/MD - Blu Skin in Mid @Christmas Expo
Stockings & Boots: Blueberry - Can't Relate 

                                                                        ★ SCENE CREDITS 
BellePoses - Anitta 6

                                                                      ★ SL Christmas Expo 



Location: CLICK ME
Website: https://slchristmasexpo.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SLChristmasExpo/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SLChristmasExpo
DECEMBER 5TH - 15TH

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.